Churches of Surrey Index
A guide to Churches and Graveyards in Surrey for family historians


The Chapel, Gadbrook, Betchworth



Go to the Churches of Surrey Index

Go to the West Surrey Family History Society Home page




photo of chapel
© By The Voice of Hassocks (Own work) [CC0], via Wikimedia Commons




Gadbrook Chapel is now closed and has been converted into a House. There is very little information to be found on the former chapel.

"at Gadbrook is an Independant Chapel and Graveyard" from A Geological Historical and Topographical Decription of the Borough of Reigate, Anderson, R.P., 1885.

Former Independent Chapel (later Open Brethren), Gadbrook Lane, Gadbrook, Mole Valley District, Surrey, England. This was built for (Calvinistic?) Independents and was later associated with Strict Baptists. By the 1973 Ordnance Survey map it was in use by Open Brethren, and remained so until about 2001. The building is now a house called Gadbrook Chapel. Gadbrook is an outlying area in the parish of Leigh (from Wikimedia Commons)






Exploring Surreys Past


contact us:




© Tony Kelly 2014-2019



Page last updated: 26 March 2015

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

Valid CSS!



web site sponsored by Wychhill Consulting


wychhill web site logo