Churches of Surrey Index
Hatcham was a manor and later a chapelry in what is now Deptford, London It largely corresponds to the area around New Cross in the London Borough of Lewisham.
The ancient parish of Deptford straddled the counties of Surrey and Kent, so there was some doubt over the county in which the manor of Hatcham was situated, and in 1636 the matter was settled placing it entirely within Surrey. Hatcham became part of Deptford St Paul when the parish was divided in 1730.
It has lent its name to the subsequently created ecclesiastical parishes of All Saints' Hatcham Park, St Catherine's and St James' Hatcham, which include parts of the historic county of Kent. (from Wikpedia)
WSFHS holds no MI information for Hatchem
WSFHS CD39(A 3rd COLLECTION OF SURREY BAPTISMS) has burial records for Hatchem St James from 1845-1876. See our sales page for more information (opens in a new page).
Other Church of England churches in Hatchem included:
(Dates taken from British History on-line)