illustration from All About Battersea, Henry S. Simmonds 1882
The original church was built around 1828 and was closed in 1952 and was subsequently destroyed by fire. The parish became part of Battersea St George with St Andrew. The church was originally on Battersea Park Road. The replacement church was built on a different site in 1955 and rebuilt again in 1996. The original site of St George's forms part of the new Covent Garden Market site.