WEST SURREY FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY
finding our roots...
...celebrating our heritage
Churches of Surrey Index
A guide to Churches and Graveyards in the Historic County of Surrey

Titsey St. James







If you reached this page from a search engine








image of church
© Copyright Ian Capper and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.


WSFHS has just over 200 names from Titsey St. James in the Surrey Monumental Inscriptions Index.


for more information about which Monumental Inscriptions are available email us:



WSFHS CD10(Surrey Burial Index) has burial records for Titsey St. James from 1586-1842. For a full list of parishes covered click here (opens in a new page). or see our sales page for more information (opens in a new page).

The Society's CD15(Surrey Baptisms Not in the IGI) has baptismal records for Titsey St. James from 1813-1844. For a full list of parishes covered click here (opens in a new page). or see our sales page for more information (opens in a new page).

East Surrey FHS publish a microfilm of Monumental Inscriptions from Titsey.

An Order in Council of 1956 united the benefice with that of Limpsfield and the church was listed in 1958. It was last known to be in use for public worship in 1960 and declared redundant in 1973. A further scheme of 1975 to lease it as a private chapel to the Leveson Gowers family (the Patrons) failed; it was vested in 1980 in the Titsey Trust as a private chapel and monument. The building is still consecrated (but not under faculty jurisdiction) and in use for occasional services.

from http://www.southwark.anglican.org/downloads/lostchurches/TIT03.pdf accessed 3 February 2016




Wikipedia


GEN UKI

British History on line

contact us:




© Tony Kelly 2014-2017



Page last updated: 3 February 2016

web site sponsored by Wychhill Consulting


wychhill web site logo







Wychhill Websites